Consular Service & Visa Information
Visa Counter is closed on Sundays.
The Visa Counter is closed on Sundays. The Visa Section will accept applications from Monday to Thursday from 9.00 am to 11.30 am For applications, you are kindly requested to make an appointment at the German Embassy in Dhaka.
Appointments for Visa:
- Appointments can be done through telephone during office hours.
Tel.: (+880 2) 985 35 21 ext. 153
- Please note that no appointment can be done through Email or Fax.
- Telephone calls regarding Visa queries will be replied from 08:15 hrs until 09:00 hrs and again from 15:00 hrs until 15:30 hrs only.
Appointment procedure for students seeking visa is different than the others. Please read the following:
Information for students: How to make an appointment. [pdf, 78.33k]
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR STUDENTS
This is to inform all students who have received a Master and Bachelor admission from a German university with mandatory language class for the upcoming semester and who intend to apply for a visa interview that, unfortunately, the visa section's appointment schedule is fully booked for those who have already sent an email until first week of June 2014. The Embassy regrets that due to limited capacities no additional interview slots can be offered. Those potential applicants who did not yet request for an appointment for a student visa interview are asked to obtain an admission letter for 2014 and apply for an appointment well in advance.
The Embassy is fully aware of the fact that some universities issue their admission letters rather short-noticed. However, please understand that the Embassy has no influence on the universities' admission process.
It has been noted that some applicants do not show up at their given appointment date or cancel their bookings last minute. In case you have to cancel your appointment, please do so ahead of time, so that this time slot can be allocated to another student. Thank you for your co-operation in this regard.
Due to the consistently large number of student visa applicants, the Embassy reminds all students of the following:
1. Those who have already faced the visa interview are requested NOT to inquire about the status of their visa applications (neither by phone, email or on facebook©). Once the responsible Alien Authorities have delivered their opinion, the result will be published on our website. The Embassy is NOT in the position to speed up the Alien Authorities' decision.
2. Those who have applied for an appointment are requested to have some patience. The Embassy gives appointments in chronological order. As your papers are going to be verified by the language school or/and university in question, the process can be time-consuming. Please understand that due to data protection regulations no visa status and appointment updates can be given by phone, e-mail or on facebook©.
This is to inform all that the Embassy has put up a new email for those who have already applied for a visa, but failed to submit one or two required documents at the time of visa application submission. Please scan the missing document(s), save it as pdf-format and send it to the following email:
Schengen visa (Short-term visa for business trips, visits of family or friends and tourist purposes)
If you are a national of Bangladesh and want to travel to Germany for business trips, visits of family or friends and tourist purposes, you need a short term Schengen visa. For applications, you are kindly requested to make an appointment at the German Embassy in Dhaka. If all your documents are correct and complete, a decision on your visa application can usually be made within seven days after the appointment. For further information about the requirements for Schengen visa and the application process, please see the leaflet and the application form:
Family reunion, Students' visa etc. (Long-term visa, to stay in Germany for more than 90 days)
There are special regulations for family reunion and students' visa. Please see the respective leaflets:
For transit through Germany, you might need a transit visa. For further information about the specific regulations, please see the leaflet:
The regulations described below are effective as of July 1st 2014.
You may get copies of your original documents and certificates attested by the German Embassy in Dhaka. Generally, such copies, alon...
Attestation of copies