Consular Service & Visa Information
Office hours of the Consular & Visa Section
The Visa Section will accept applications from Sunday to Thursday from 8.00 am to 11.30 am and 1.30 pm to 2.00 pm. For applications, you are kindly requested to make an appointment with the German Embassy in Dhaka.
Appointments for Visa:
- Appointments can be made through telephone during office hours.
Tel.: (+880 2) 985 35 21 ext. 153
- Please note that no appointment can be made through Email or Fax.
- Telephone calls regarding Visa queries will be replied from 8.15 am to 9.00 am and from 3.00 pm to 3.30 pm daily.
The appointment procedure for students seeking at visa differs. Please take note of the following:
Information for students: How to make an appointment. [pdf, 39.12k]
Schengen visa (Short-term visa for business trips, visits of family or friends and tourist purposes)
If you are a national of Bangladesh and want to travel to Germany for business trips, visits of family or friends and tourist purposes, you need a short term Schengen visa. For applications, you are kindly requested to make an appointment at the German Embassy in Dhaka. If all your documents are correct and complete, a decision on your visa application can usually be made within seven days after the appointment. For further information about the requirements for Schengen visa and the application process, please see the leaflet and the application form:
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR STUDENTS
It has been noticed that numerous applicants do not appear for their appointments or cancel their bookings on extremely short notice. In case you have to cancel your appointment, please do so well ahead of time, so that your time slot may be allocated to another student. Thank you for your co-operation in this regard.
Due to the consistently large number of student visa applicants, the Embassy reminds all prospective students of the following:
1. Those who have already had their visa interview are requested NOT to inquire about the status of their visa applications (neither by phone, email or on facebook©). Once the responsible alien authority has delivered its opinion, the result will be published on our website. The Embassy is NOT in a position to quicken an alien authority's decision.
2. Those who have applied for an appointment are requested to have some patience. The Embassy gives appointments in chronological order. As your papers are going to be verified by the language school or/and university in question, the process can be time-consuming. Please understand that due to data protection regulations no visa status and appointment updates can be given by phone, e-mail or on facebook©.
This is to inform all applicants that this Embassy has set up a specific email address for those who have already applied for a visa, but failed to submit all required documents at the time of their interview. Please scan the missing document(s), save those scans as pdf-format file and send them to the following email address:
Family reunion, Students' visas etc. (Long-term visas, to stay in Germany for more than 90 days)
There are special regulations for family reunion and students' visas. Please see the respective leaflet:
For transit through Germany, you might need a transit visa. For further information about the specific regulations, please see the leaflet:
If you need further information about visa regulations, or if you are a national of a different country and would like to know about the specific visa requirements concerning you, please see the information on the website of the Federal Foreign Office: