Consular Service & Visa Information
Visa Counter is closed on Sundays.
The Visa Counter is closed on Sundays. The Visa Section will accept applications from Monday to Thursday from 9.00 am to 11.30 am For applications, you are kindly requested to make an appointment at the German Embassy in Dhaka.
Appointments for Visa:
- Appointments can be done through telephone during office hours.
Tel.: (+880 2) 985 35 21 ext. 153
- Please note that no appointment can be done through Email or Fax.
- Telephone calls regarding Visa queries will be replied from 08:15 hrs until 09:00 hrs and again from 15:30 hrs until 16:00 hrs only.
Appointment procedure for students seeking visa is different than the others. Please read the following:
Information for students: How to make an appointment. [pdf, 78.33k]
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR STUDENTS
Due to the consistently large number of student visa applicants, the Embassy reminds all students of the following:
1. Those who have already faced the visa interview are requested NOT to inquire about the status of their visa applications (neither by phone, email or on facebook©). Once the responsible Alien Authorities have delivered their opinion, the result will be published on our website.
The Embassy is NOT in the position to speed up the Alien Authorities' decision.
2. Those who have applied for an appointment are requested to have some patience. The Embassy gives appointments in chronological order. As your papers are going to be verified by the language school or/and university in question, the process can be time-consuming.
Please understand that due to data protection regulations no visa status and appointment updates can be given by phone, e-mail or on facebook©.
Schengen visa (Short-term visa for business or tourist purposes)
If you are a national of Bangladesh and want to travel to Germany for business or tourist purposes, you need a short term Schengen visa. For applications, you are kindly requested to make an appointment at the German Embassy in Dhaka. If all your documents are correct and complete, a decision on your visa application can usually be made within ten days after the appointment. For further information about the requirements for Schengen visa and the application process, please see the leaflet and the application form:
Family reunion, Students' visa etc. (Long-term visa, to stay in Germany for more than 90 days)
There are special regulations for family reunion and students' visa. Please see the respective leaflets:
For transit through Germany, you might need a transit visa. For further information about the specific regulations, please see the leaflet:
Jul 27, 2012
Germany's 'Blue Card initiative' to attract more highly qualified workers to Germany enters into effect on 1 August 2012. In addition to the Recognition Act, which facilitates the recogn...
EU Blue Card in effect from 1 August 2012